Friday, January 30, 2009

We were in the north part of the city about five miles from our apartment and were riding a tram-vi which is a train that is run by electricity and goes down the middle of the road. You have to watch out each side because the numbers don't correspond to each other, so I was looking out one side Tom on the other, we were looking for number 4 I saw number 13 so I thought we had a ways to go but Tom spotted it on his side and said "Let's get off" so I stood up to get off, he stepped out and the doors closed on him and the trolley took off with me still inside. I was a little worried; I had no money, had no idea what our telephone number or address was, and am not even sure I could have found it if I knew the address and I had no keys to get in if I did find it. About a quarter mile later the trolley came to another stop and I started walking back and Tom was walking to meet me. We realized that the 10 minutes separation was our longest for the past six weeks. Tom's gift to me for my birthday was some rubles, subway tokens, a list of telephone numbers and addresses. Later we got an extra set of apartment keys from the mission office. I carry all of it in my identification pouch which is always around my neck.

3 comments:

Heather Sellers said...

I am glad you found each other again Pattie and you didn't get lost! Love you and miss you!!

Annie said...

How scary! I'm glad you were able to find each other so soon!

Shirley & Marty said...

Oh, what excitement you two have. Keep sharing your happenings with us. Love you lots, Shirley and Marty